RE: new UC&R draft: 1.40

-------- Original Message --------
> From: Kendall Clark <mailto:kendall@monkeyfist.com>
> Date: 10 May 2004 21:20
>
> On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 09:08:46PM +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
>
> > OK - will do.  And thanks fo rpointing out the areas of change.  Have
> > there been significant changes to the Use Cases?
>
> No.
>
> > I'll take a complete look at it tomorrow before the telecon but I did
> > notice that the title to "3.1 Multiple Triple Matching" has got out of
> > step with the text and is not discussed in email.  The title in the
> > agenda is "Multiple RDF triple matching"
>
> Well, those are *titles*, names, really, which means (in my mind, at
> least) that shorter is better than longer. I like "Triple"
> and "RDF Triple" are exactly equivalent in most cases in this
> document, certainly in titles. That is, I prefer the shorter
> title and don't consider it out of phase with the text. (But
> I'm open to being convinced that this is wrong...)
>
> > The requirement title might be better as "RDF Graph Matching" to match
> > (sic) the text change to graph patterns as of 0269.  "RDF Graph" is a
> > defined term in the RDF concepts.
>
> Hmm, yes, that's more convincing; though I think "Graph
> Pattern Matching" ("...by providing a graph pattern...") is
> better. Any thoughts on that?

Only that we ought to follow the terminology set up in:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-concepts-20040210/#section-Graph-syntax

Which talks of "RDF Triples" and "RDF Graph", especially as an RDF graph
isn't the general graph found in elsewhere graph theory (e.g. graph must
have at least one arc; RDF triples don't have literal subjects or bNodes for
predicates).

"RDF Graph Pattern Matching" is OK.