Re: Use case: find all the triples which do or do not use a URI from a namespace

On Apr 16, 2004, at 10:31, Patrick Stickler wrote:

> IMO, the use case as defined, in terms of an XML namespace name, is
> incoherent
> insofar as RDF is concerned.

"incoherent" such that, insofar as the RDF graph and MT are concerned,
the term
"namespace" or "namespace name" has no meaning, and statements using
terms
that have no meaning are incoherent.

If by "namespace" you mean "vocabulary" (e.g. akin to
http://sw.nokia.com/VOC-1/Vocabulary)
then the use case is very appropriate and I support it's inclusion in
the draft
doc.

If by "namespace" you mean an XML namespace name, as used as a
syntactic mechanism
in some serialization grammar for capturing the structure of an RDF
graph, then
I think this use case is subsumed by the more general use case applying
regular
expression comparisions to node labels.

Patrick

--