Re: a draft DAWG document outline

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 10:52, Kendall Clark wrote:
> $Id: dawg-ucd-outline.txt,v 1.4 2004/03/26 00:50:33 k Exp $
[...]
> <h2>Motivation</h2>
>
> The W3C's Data Access Working Group is working on a recommendation for
> a query language and data access protocol for the Semantic Web. With
> completed, widely implemented recommendations in these areas, we think
> that Semantic Web technology development and adoption rates will be
> significantly improved.

I'd like to not talk about the WG except in the "status of this
document" section. Perhaps:

  Adoption of Semantic Web technology will be significantly improved
  by widely adopted recommendations for a query language and data
  access protocol.

But I'm also not comfortable with that sort of prognostication.
Perhaps

  Projects such as [1], [2] show that Semantic Web users
  have requirements for RDF data access technology sufficient
  to motivate implementation. These implementations
  have much in common and would benefit from a specification
  of interoperable functionality.

provided WG members have suitable projects to suggest for [1], [2].

see you at the WWW2004 in NY 17-22 May?