Re: Mistake in the default serialisation of the RDF ontology

On 17/12/2021 00:04, Matthieu Bosquet wrote:
> I'm reaching out because I think you might be able to help or point me
> in the right direction to fix what I think is a mistake in the default
> serialisation of the RDF ontology dereferenceable at
> http://w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns# <https://t.co/2fWsLy0dpC>.
>
> According to RDF Schema 1.1, I think the rdfs:range of rdf:predicate
> should be rdf:Property as per
> https://w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_predicate <https://t.co/hN2YnAwnhv>.

The section you are pointing to states

"rdf:predicate is an instance of |rdf:Property|
<https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_property>"

meaning rdf:predicate is /itself/ an instance of rdf:Property.
This sentence is not about the values of rdf:predicate...

The same section states, a little below:

"The |rdfs:domain| <https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_domain> of
|rdf:predicate| is |rdf:Statement
<https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_statement>| and the |rdfs:range|
<https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_range> is |rdfs:Resource|
<https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_resource>."

which is consistent with the RDF description of the RDF vocabulary.

Now, of course, I understand why one would expect the range of
rdf:predicate to be rdf:Property. But I am not sure this would be a good
idea. It would, for example, mean that

    :someFool :said [
         a rdf:Statement ;
         rdf:subject rdfs:Class ;