Re: Proposed fixed version of N-Triples https://www.w3.org/TR/n-triples/ Section 7

From: Wouter Beek <wouter@triply.cc>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 16:31:05 +0200
To: Jan Wielemaker <J.Wielemaker@vu.nl>
Cc: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, public-rdf-comments Comments <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Jan Wielemaker <J.Wielemaker@vu.nl> wrote:

> Good, but how do you even get a hint it may be canonical N-Triples?  I
> guess because it is in the accompagnying docs?  So this is useful metadata
> that should have been machine readable IMO.

Maybe we can add a parameter to an HTTP Content-Type header to distinguish
[1] from [2]?

```
[1] application/n-triples
[2] application/n-triples; variant=canonical
```

[2] would at least give the data consumer a hint the the retrieved document
was intended to be formatted as Canonical N-Triples.

---
Best regards,
Wouter Beek.

Email: wouter@triply.cc