Re: Scoping external JSON-LD context inside objects?

So I guess you are not at liberty to sneak in an additional @id in the JSON
documents?

Within a document you can have multiple @context at different levels and
have different mappings for "id".

But if you apply the context externally (e.g. with the Link header), and
don't have any explicit @context further in, then a "id" would need to map
to the same property for the whole document.

http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/#interpreting-json-as-json-ld

Now, "id" to a uuid sounds like it probably should be a URI and not a
string.

You are allowed to set @base in such a context, as the Link @context is
inserted directly into the top-level object.

Therefore, if you are not using relative URI / IRI references in the rest
of the document, you could simply link to : (apologies for not
syntactically correctness as I'm on my phone)

{ @context: {
  @base: http://example.com/objects/
   id: @id }
}

Now this means you have to drop your example:id property and parse those
URIs instead if you need to get back to the uuid.

You might be able to set the base to "urn:uuid:" if you don't want a
hostname. Personally I prefer to map such UUID to a http namespace, even If
I might not have anything to serve there today.

On the other side you get rid of lots of blank nodes! ;-)

If you are only using the uuid for linking from other places, e.g.:

{ parent: 74747473-3737-474737373 }

..then simply define "parent" as @type: @id in the context and they are
linked semantically, both would end up talking about <
http://example.com/objects/ 74747473-3737-474737373> the resource rather
than 74747473-3737-474737373 the literal. This makes nicer queries.

Another alternative is to keep "id" as the pure literal and use an OWL
ontology to define it as uniquely identifying the object with owl:hasKey to
your example:id datatype property.

http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-syntax/#Keys

Now you will ONLY have blank nodes.

Most pragmatists prefer to not require OWL reasoning and want to avoid
blank nodes..