Re: Whitespace in Turtle after ^^

On 19/01/15 16:19, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 19/01/15 16:05, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
>> Hi, I somehow have come over some "evil" Turtle that seems to be on
>> the form:

>> Can anyone enlighten me?

Maybe :-) I can look at the grammar and give an interpretation.
Enlightenment not guaranteed.

This is the relevant grammar rule:

[128s]  RDFLiteral  ::=  String (LANGTAG | '^^' iri)?

and as a grammar white space is not significant between terminals.

So white space around, either side of ^^ is legal.  (Whether it is a
good style or not, is not a grammar issue.)

While in the area ... an oddity is that LANGTAG is a terminal so
implicit white space does not apply.

[144s]  LANGTAG  ::=  '@' [a-zA-Z]+ ('-' [a-zA-Z0-9]+)*

so white space after the String part of the literal, beforfe the '@' is
OK but not after '@' before the first a-zA-Z.