Re: Renaming L2V

[This is not a formal response.]

Semantic mappings are often named for their result, including IEXT and IS in RDF.  There are many examples of this practice in the semantics for other logical formalisms. I don't think that it would be a good idea to rename IEXT to IP2EXT, for example.

In your writing you could use the convention that you suggest if you feel that a different terminology is better, i.e., say that L2V_D is the lexical-to-value map for D, and is defined as L2V_D = L2V(D).

peter