Re: RDF's relative IRI resolution is ambiguous

Ruben,

> On 27 Aug 2015, at 15:07, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:
>
> if a Turtle document contains
>
>    BASE <http://example.org/xxx/yyy/zzz/../../../>
>    <a> <b> <../aaa/bbb/ccc>.
>
> the Turtle syntax spec does not conclusively say how to interpret this triple,

The Turtle spec says to use the algorithm in Section 5.2 of RFC 3986. In what way is that not conclusive?

> and we cannot simply normalize all of its components to make the interpretation,

Why is that? Why can’t you simply do what the Turtle spec says and apply the algorithm in RFC 3986?

> because IRI normalization under the RDF model leads to a different graph.

Different from what? And why do you think that this difference prevents you from applying IRI normalisation as demanded by RFC 3986? And what does “under the RDF model” mean?

Best,
Richard