Re: Converting RDF to JSON-LD : shared lists between graphs

On 7/27/14 5:21 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> I am not asserting that Blank Nodes burden the system. My only point
> is that we should encourage publishers to adopt practices that
> ultimately burden consumers (produced by RDF processor implementers).
>
> You recommend:
>
> ## Turtle Start ##
>    _:a :location _:b .
>    _:b :address _:c .
>    _:c :postalCode "..." .
>
> ## Turtle End ##
>
> We have a tendency to drop in snippets, that aren't really processed
> to show final output. Dan provided one of those examples, David
> responded with a tweak, and I responsed with an output demonstration.
>
> Real output trumps speculative snippets, many of which contain minor
> errors that ultimately throw those studying some of this for a loop. I
> am advocating for show and less tell, in regards to what some perceive
> (rightly or wrongly so) as RDF idiosyncrasies.

Eric,

Your N3/Turtle snippet when passed through an RDF processor:

[1]
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/proxy-iri/data/html/8cfc6d8a10c7126055024fa08ddbba0977f95dee
[2]
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flinkeddata.uriburner.com%2Fproxy-iri%2F8cfc6d8a10c7126055024fa08ddbba0977f95dee
.

As you can see, we still have an issue with example that provide clarity
rather than confusion (albeit inadvertently) to a variety of audiences.

## Turtle Start ##

<>
vocab:describes _:a, _:b, _:c .

_:a
rdfs:label "Something" ;
:location _:b .

_:b
rdfs:label "Something" ;
:address _:c .

_:c
rdfs:label "Something" ;
:postalCode "..." .

## Turtle End ##

The above tentatively processed at:
http://kingsley.idehen.net/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fkingsley.idehen.net%2FDAV%2Fhome%2Fkidehen%2FPublic%2FLinked%2520Data%2520Documents%2FTutorials%2Fblank-nodes-example4.ttl
.

Hopefully, this sheds light on some of my concerns i.e., how to RDF
processors (humans and machines) get to the point (e.g., even producing
what's denoted by the link above) where they can easily demonstrate RDF
utility without getting drowned in frustration and confusion?

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO