Re: Turtle syntax: Please align base URI with RFC 3986 & 3987

On 5/26/13 6:17 PM, David Booth wrote:

> I'm very surprised to hear you say that a relative @base URI would be
> legal.  I don't think that should be allowed.  That seems too
> mysterious and error prone to me.
It is legal in an expression oriented RDF notation. A notation that a
processor would use to encode actual RDF graph serialization.

The expression of an RDF graph  (g-text) and its serialization (g-snap)
are distinct things. I've been trying to bring attention to this very
important distinction for a while now.

Sandro pretty much brought attention to this via the g-box, g-text, and
g-snap distinctions thread last year (or even earlier). We have to
separate these things so we can speak about RDF to folks without
confusing them and generating more bad-will etc..

A Turtle document resides in a g-box.
The document is comprised of content i.e., g-text (expression of a graph)
An actual RDF graph can be matrialized from g-text as a g-snap (actual
Relations graph manifestation).

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen