Re: Public feedback on RDF/JSON: Proposal to align w/ W3C RDF/XML

On 18 May 2013 01:13, David Wood <david@3roundstones.com> wrote:

> Hi Damian,
>
> The RDF WG held substantial discussions regarding various designs for RDF
> in JSON in the first half of 2011. The discussions are well documented both
> in our mailing list and on our wiki. We decided roughly a year later
> (May/June 2012) to proceed with JSON-LD due to the success of that
> community group's activities and implementations. One might note that take
> up of JSON-LD from third parties has been solid (e. g. Google's GMail
> announcement yesterday).
>
> The only JSON item in our plate this late in the WG's charter is whether
> to write a Note (not a Recommendation) on RDF/JSON. That's it. We will not
> be accepting new design proposals at this time, although a future working
> group might consider your proposal.
>
> Let me know when you are considering this and I can detail the quads
extension to RDF/JSON which only adds one more, optional, step to the
existing protocol. Hopefully that isn't too much of an extension for a
Note, as I would like for the extension to be part of the standard and not
just a Sesame-specific feature.

Thanks,

Peter