Re: rdf:Statement and graphs

On 5/3/13 7:07 AM, Jürgen Jakobitsch SWC wrote:
> hi,
>
> is there a way to express that a rdf:Statement belongs to a certain
> graph?
>
> i'm asking with respect to changesSets [1] where i want to add the given
> statement to one or more specified graphs.
>
> if there's no best practice, issue or the like i would subclass
> rdf:Statement if there's nothing i'm missing out..
>
> wkr jürgen
>
> [1] http://docs.api.talis.com/getting-started/changesets

Personally, I see a containment oriented relation as an acceptable
mechanism for  expressing how a statement and a named graph are
associated. I suspect, historically, folks have stayed away from
expressing this important association due to the amount of triples it
generates.

<#SomeGraphIRI>
:contains <#SomeStamentIRI> .

<#SomeStatementIRI>
a rdf:Statement;
rdf:subject <#SomeStatementSubjectIRI>;
rdf:predicate <#SomeStatementPredicateIRI>;
rdf:object <#SomeStatementObjectIRI>.

Statement reification is useful.  We are now getting to the point where
real-world issues are bringing its utility to the fore  :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO