Turtle "coverage" test suite issues with N-Triples

From: Gregory Williams <greg@evilfunhouse.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 12:41:48 -0500
To: public-rdf-comments@w3.org
Gregg alerted to me to the fact that I had overlooked the "coverage" part of the test suite. In trying to run those, I've run into another problem that I wish to comment on.

The two eval tests:

#literal_with_FORM_FEED
#literal_with_BACKSPACE

are based on a comparison with N-Triples files that seem to rely on the new, unpublished N-Triples grammar (with the use of escaped forms \b and \f in strings). However, I don't see that this has anything to do with testing of Turtle, and wonder why those files don't use the serialization format from the existing N-Triples grammar (using the \u escaped form). Moreover, even when/if a new N-Triples document is published, I don't believe it's wise to base the new Turtle test suite on the also new N-Triples grammar. The N-Triples files in the Turtle test suite should conform to the existing grammar.

thanks,
.greg