Re: [RDF-CONCEPTS] Skolemization

I have not looked at the text right now (I am on a mobile), and that may be good
at this moment, because it shows what I remember the intention was...

I guess the question of David could/should be boiled down to: is the
Skolemization part normative or not? I think we never meant that to be normative
in the group; if it says so in the document, that is a mistake (Pat already
alluded to that). If it is non normative, then the usage of an RFC MUST would
become fairly meaningless... Is there any reason we would make it normative?
This request never came up in the group before; the whole skolemization was
presented as a good practice to follow if one wants to get rid of bnodes when
exchanging graphs.

(Systems may skolemize for any other reason, eg, for internal purposes or
exchanging data with other instantiation of the same software only, and they may
decide to use some sort of a UUID based URI which would be just as fine. If we
set a 'must' for the genid way, then a UUID based skolemization might be
considered as illegal:-(

Ivan