Re: concerning my earlier comments and last call publications

On 07/26/2013 06:37 PM, Jeremy J Carroll wrote:
> Process point only.
>
> As far as I am aware, my recent comments on graph naming are unaddressed.

Indeed.    The WG asked me to keep talking to you and then summarize the
issues for the group.  We're only meeting every other week over the
summer; next meeting is 7 August.   It might make sense for the chairs
to invite you to attend that meeting.

> Given the last call publications in the meantime, I trust that my comments will be addressed during the last call.

We'll certainly try to address them as well and as soon as we can.

BTW, FWIW, the decision to go to LC was made before your comments
arrived.  The actual publication was delayed due to problems with the
publication process.   I mistakenly thought you were commenting on the
editor's draft (the text we'd just agreed to publish), or I would have
pointed that out to you earlier.

> It may be prudent on the part of the WG to allow me a couple of weeks to read the LC drafts, which may cause me to reconsider my earlier comments.
> Of course, if the WG were minded to move more clearly in the direction I have suggested I would be happier!

I will try to remain responsive to your email, and bring in other WG
members if I can.   I don't think most WG members have a lot of time to
spend on this right now.

We're under a fair amount of deadline pressure, since we don't expect to
be able to extend the WG past the end of the year, and as you know CR
and PR take time as well.   But I'm sure we'd all like to see a design
that satisfies everyone, to the extent that's possible.

       -- Sandro