Re: Inverse properties in Turtle

On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 23:30 -0400, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> Personally, I prefer is..of, and suggest that we include that as syntactic suggar:
>
> foaf:Person is rdf:type of :gregg, :andy
>
> Reads much better. (Not so much in the first use case).
>
> Gregg

OpenLink Virtuoso supports "is ... of" syntax for years because it was
easier to parse a wrong resource than to explain that Turtle differs
from N3 and the author of the resource can't write
<#al> is <#child> of <#pat> .
as in
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/Primer

Surprisingly, nobody tried another syntax sugar from the very same
paragraph of same doc, namely
<#pat> has <#child> <#al> .
so nobody noticed that we've discontinued its support.

I'm not sure we really need this syntax now. Nowadays Turtle is much
more popular than N3. But if there's some need in sugar, let it be
"is...of".

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov
OpenLink Software