Re: RDF 1.1 IRIs and %-escaping

* Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com> [2012-08-10 15:03-0700]
> On 8/8/2012 4:01 AM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> >1. RDF 2004 is the only standard on the planet that allows spaces
> >in URIs/IRIs
>
> I believe that the plural in spaces is crucial in making that
> sentence true ...
> The XML Schema Datatypes version 1.0 anyURI I believe allows spaces
> [1], but it's white space handling rules will replace multiple
> spaces with a single space.
>
> So I believe
>
> <http://www.example.org/Two  Spaces>
> conforms with RDF 2004 but not XML Schema 1.0
> and
> <http://www.example.org/One Space>
> conforms with both ....

This implies that RDF terms generated from XML (say via XSLT) will be
different depending on whether the white space rules have been applied
(e.g. by validation). How about if we say that RDF IRIs can't have any
ajoining spaces and register a URL schema with a leading space for
testing?

+1 to current definition, Jeremy's characteristically clever detective
work not-withstanding.

--
-ericP