Re: Minimalist proposal to resolve no-primary-key issue

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM, ashok malhotra
<ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>wrote:

> **
> I think we just need to fix the DM.  If you disagree, please indicate what
> else needs to be said.
>
> The DM spec says:
> [[The Direct Mapping is intended to provide a default behavior for R2RML:
> RDB to RDF Mapping Language <http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-r2rml-20120223/>
> [R2RML] <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdb-direct-mapping/#R2RML>. It can also be
> used to materialize RDF graphs or define virtual graphs, which can be
> queried by SPARQL or traversed by an RDF graph API.]]
>
> Add an asterisk after the first sentence and a footnote.  The footnote
> says:
> [[Except in the case of tables or views without a primary key.  In this
> case, identical rows may be kept distinct
> by the DM and collapsed into a single row by R2RML]]

Ashok - Are you proposing this as an alternative to what Richard wrote in
his email today with the subject "Proposal: No DM change; R2RML defines
default mapping"? I am curious what prompted you to come up with another
proposal.

-David