Re: Meeting minutes 2012-05-01

All,

Wrt to the issue "Implementability for tables w/o primary key", I present
the following proposal

PROPOSAL: In the DM spec, replace the following text:

[[
If the table has no primary key, the row node is a fresh blank node that is
unique to this row.
]]

with this:

[[

If the table has no primary key, the row node is a blank node. Distinct
blank nodes MUST be generated for rows with distinct column values. For
duplicate rows with identical values, implementations SHOULD generate a
fresh blank for each duplicate row (resulting in a non-lean RDF graph [RDF
Semantics]). However, if the underlying database system does not provide
any means to reliably differentiate among the rows, then implementations
MAY re-use the same blank node for multiple duplicate rows (resulting in a
lean RDF graph). The lean version does not maintain the relational table's
cardinalities, and hence gives different answers under certain SPARQL
queries. Implementations MUST document and advertise their chosen behavior.
]]

I believe this proposal is a compromise which will allows both types of
implementations.

Juan Sequeda
+1-575-SEQ-UEDA
www.juansequeda.com