Re: Partial R2RML Implementation

* Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> [2011-02-05 10:33+0100]

> On Feb 4, 2011, at 20:56 , Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>

> > David,
> >
> >> In the next day or so we expect to have a pre-release version of our tool to
> >> make available to the working group to preview. It will be ~20 MB file to
> >> download. Does the working group have a place where it would be appropriate
> >> to host such a file for the working group members to access?
> >
> > Awesome!
> >
> > Hmmm. I guess I can upload it at the CVS and restrict access to W3C members
> > via the .default-acl (maybe one of the W3C staff wants to chime in ?;).
>
> Yes for upload it on CVS, but the ACL settings should not be done by .default-acl because that is not fine-grained enough. Instead, contact your friendly W3C staff contacts, who can set the ACL to the working group...

Are you looking for something which will be publicly visible or only
visible to W3C members or members of RDB2RDF? If you want to restrict
access, then yes, CVS space is probably best. If you don't mind it
being accessed by those outside of RDB2RDF, your interface will be
easier if it's desposited on the esw wiki as an attachment to some
page. For example, you can more trivially upload new versions or
change the description page if it's on the wiki.

In short what qualifies an "appropriate" place?

> Ivan

> > check the access settings, btw, append the string ",access" to any W3C URI,
> > for example, see http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/,access - you can even
> > extend this very handy tool to http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/,tools ;)
> >
> > Cheers,
> >      Michael
> >
> > --
> > Dr. Michael Hausenblas, Research Fellow
> > LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre
> > DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
> > NUIG - National University of Ireland, Galway
> > Ireland, Europe
> > Tel. +353 91 495730
> > http://linkeddata.deri.ie/
> > http://sw-app.org/about.html
> >

> >> From: David McNeil <dmcneil@revelytix.com>
> >> Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:07:15 -0600
> >> To: RDB2RDF WG <public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org>
> >> Subject: Re: Partial R2RML Implementation

> >> In the next day or so we expect to have a pre-release version of our tool to
> >> make available to the working group to preview. It will be ~20 MB file to
> >> download. Does the working group have a place where it would be appropriate
> >> to host such a file for the working group members to access?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >> -David
> >

> ----
> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/