Fwd: ISSUE-19 (Reuse SQL query as sub-query): Reuse a SQL query as a sub-query [R2RML]

David,

I am not an SQL person:-(, so I would need more explanation. Actually, an example would be good, because I do not understand what you mean by 'sub-logical-table'

Sorry...

Ivan

Begin forwarded message:

> From: RDB2RDF Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
> Date: February 1, 2011 20:23:06 GMT+01:00
> To: public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org
> Subject: ISSUE-19 (Reuse SQL query as sub-query): Reuse a SQL query as a sub-query [R2RML]
> message-id: <E1PkLog-000799-Jd@lowblow.w3.org>
>

> ISSUE-19 (Reuse SQL query as sub-query): Reuse a SQL query as a sub-query  [R2RML]
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/19
>
> Raised by: David McNeil
> On product: R2RML
>
> Reuse a SQL query as a sub-query under multiple TriplesMaps.
>
> For example, there may be a repeated sub-query that is used by several
> queries. Rather than copy-and-paste the query multiple times, it is
> desirable to write it once and join it into several other queries. In
> particular, consider the case where the mapping process is not allowed to
> make changes to the database (e.g. by adding a view to the database).
>
> A possible solution is to allow a logical table (i.e. query) to be built in
> the mapping from sub-logical-tables.

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153