Re: New Participant in the RDB2RDF Working Group

Dear Michael,

First of all I would like to congratulate the group for the excellent work,
I liked both draft and I think are easy to read and understand,  but I would
like to highlight some points.

- Assuming that the main reason for this type of mapping (RDB2RDF) is
  to share structured data on the Web as "Linked Data".
  [1] and [2] take into consideration blank node which is discourage when
  we try to publish Linked Data [3].
  Any alternative instead of work with blank nodes? (Just Guessing)

- I think the ForeignKey Class and properties (3.4) in [1] could be
  exemplified with some sample data in a table, and generated some triples.

- In [1] the part A.2.2 "Mapping Specification for the EMP table", I think
some triples
  are missing as it should exist in for RDFTypePropery
  ( e.g. rdf:type <xyz.com/emp/job/CLERK> )

- In [2] the part 2.2 "Preliminaries Generating IRIs", Is possible to
customize
  the Table IRI and/or Column IRI, in order to reuse some ontology terms
  as we can do with D2R server or Triplify?

Maybe some of these comments are very basics, but I'm relative newbie
in this field (2 years).

Thanks in advance for your help and considerations

Best Regards,

Percy

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/r2rml/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/directMapping/