Re: A Direct Mapping of Relational Data to RDF is FPWD

My first reaction was that it might be a bit over-rigorous in this case:
sealed abstract class SQLDatatype   case class SQLInt () extends SQLDatatype
case class SQLFloat () extends SQLDatatype   …
case class SQLString () extends SQLDatatype

Using a sealed class here says that this is the complete set of possible data
types.  That seems like painting yourself in a pretty small box when it comes to
the richness of data types found in dbs in practice.  FYI, Revelytix is actually
using Clojure for our implementation (although we considered Scala closely too).

Some other comments:

1) I saw the requests for explanation of the #_ row IRIs on the list but I don't
recall ever seeing the answer.  Easily could have been in the minutes that I
didn't read though. :)   I saw the hash-vs-slash note in the spec but is the
trailing _ just to have something after the #?

2) I was surprised at a first glance to see ,'s in the compound key IRIs but
it's equivalent to the same information we're using in our subject IRIs.

3) We were not smart enough to use blank nodes for tables w/o primary keys and
just punted on the issue but I think the blank node solution works well.

4) We went back and forth on what to do when having multiple unique keys in a
table and whether to create multiple "same as" identifiers in that case to the
primary key subject IRI.  You're consistently using the PK subject IRI which I
think is the right choice for the direct mapping.  I haven't looked at R2RML
enough yet to understand the range of choices there.

5) Issue (formalism-model) refers to sections 5 and 6 but those should be 3 and
4.  Personally, I find the definition to be easier to read than the rules, but
that's probably due to familiarity.

6) It would be really nice to see an equivalent R2RML that produces the direct
mapping.