Re: Default Mapping and tomorrow's telcon

Juan Sequeda
www.juansequeda.com

On Nov 3, 2010, at 7:25 PM, "Harry Halpin" <hhalpin@w3.org> wrote:

>> I don't think that would be possible at this point. Marcelo and I have
>> done substantial structural changes to Eric's document in our doc. Going
>> back would be a waste of time. Besides, Richard has given us tons of
>> comments which we are in the process of incorporating. So my original
>> proposal still stands.
>
> Sorry, it needs to be possible by the next meeting. The WG needs you,
> Eric, and Marcelo to work on a single document together, i.e. done with a
> single URI and CVS. How you three decide that is to be done has to be
> done.
>

> Why not just mark "structural" difficulty in such a combined document?  It
> seems this is what you are all doing with Section 2, i.e. you do in a
> step-wise manner what Eric does with a few cases. Let's be clear that's
> it's Section 2 of the document that is under contention, not the entire
> document.

That's ok with me, if Eric is ok with it.

> It will be *very* hard for the WG to correlate unless we know that both of
> you cover the same example and what are the alternate versions of text and
> example layout for the same material.

I don't think it would. Just read Eric's section 2 vs our section 2.

But I'm ok with merging them now and follow your previous suggestion.

> I'd suggest either you or Eric volunteer your document to be the baseline
> and let some merging commence. Yes, such a document will be unwieldy and
> reconciling structure will be difficult, but if it's all in the same doc
> the WG and wider community will have little trouble with review and
> chosing the option.

So it's either copy section 2 of ours to Eric's or vice-versa.

Eric, what do you want to do.

For the record, I think the way we have  been doing it with two doc is much better. But I guess we are under time pressure and can ask for another week.?.?.?

But if the W3C staff wants it done this way, I guess we have to follow. We all need to coordinate our time and don't have time to waste