RE: Images of RDB2RDF options updated

Juan,

It sounds like the three options images are the same image?

I missed the last meeting and what was discussed.  In your list, Option-1 is a special case of Option-2; I questions its value but we can leave it as a special case of Option-2 in your current list.

I suggest:

1.       Local Ontology mapping + local-to-domain Ontology mapping

*         Local Ontology mapping only (option)

2.       DB Schema to Domain ontology direct mapping

If you look at many current products they typically use option-1 above.

Ahmed

Ahmed K. Ezzat, Ph.D.
HP Fellow, Strategic Innovation Architecture Manager,
Business Intelligence Software Division
Hewlett-Packard Corporation
11000 Wolf Road, Bldg 42 Upper, MS 4502, Cupertino, CA 95014-0691