From: Olaf Hartig <hartig@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:47:18 +0100
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>, Juan Sequeda <jsequeda@cs.utexas.edu>,
Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>,
<auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Cc: Jun Zhao <jun.zhao@zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Subject: Provenance Vocabulary for R2RML provenance scenario 1

Hey guys,

Catching up the different topics discussed in W3C's provenance XG during
the last weeks (I had been on vacation a few weeks) I learned about "Linked
Data Aspects of R2RML" [1] of your RDB2RDF WG; in particular, the section
about provenance. Just want to let you know that the first scenario
(Provenance information on the database level) is one of the use cases
explicitly addressed by the Provenance Vocabulary developed by Jun Zhao and
me. You may want to have a look at the two examples "Data Transformation
(Using Triplify)" and "Coarse-Granular vs. Fine-Granular Descriptions" in
the
guide to our vocab [2] to get an idea how to describe your scenario using
the
Provenance Vocabulary.

If you have any questions regarding our vocabulary or consider to use it we
would be glad to help you.

Greetings,
Olaf

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/LinkedDataAspects