Re: Comments on Use Case for discussion on telcon

On 4/26/2010 8:27 PM, Juan Sequeda wrote:

> The other two use cases, Exposing many-to-many join tables as simple
> triples and Value based type specification, I honestly do not see
> them as use cases, instead as a motivation for requirements.

Well, yes, they are use cases that drive certain requirements that I did
not see explicitly covered by other use cases. To me, the primary goal
of identifying use cases is to drive requirements. In turn, requirements
drive a coherent and useful specification. Do I misunderstand the goal
of this document?

My organization's uses of this technology all fall broadly under the
category of needing to expose RDB data to tools that consume data via
arbitrary SPARQL queries. As such, I do not have one (or a fixed number)
of schemas or scenarios that drive my requirements. Instead, I have
expressivity, implementation, and tooling requirements, many of which
are covered by other use cases, but some of which were not, and are
instead covered by these two use cases. Is there a way in which these
are deficient?

Lee