From: public-rdb2rdf-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-rdb2rdf-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of ashok malhotra
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 13:58
To: RDB2RDF WG
Subject: ISSUE-3

Since the goal of the WG is to create a mapping from RDB Schemas to
RDF/OWL classes, perhaps
we should rephrase the bullet point in the requirements as

    * The mapping language MUST define the set of SQL DDL
      to be supported in the first release. The set to be supported
      SHOULD be as complete as possible and be defined as soon as
      possible after the WG official launch.

This will let us exclude Table Types if we wish.

I apologize that the original bullet was interpreted to mean that the
the WG should define
a mapping from SPARQL to SQL.  That was not the intention.  In my view,
the mapping of
SPARQL to SQL should be left open as a technology on which various
implementations
can compete. .
--
All the best, Ashok