Re: R2RML: comments on spec and test cases

On 26 Sep 2011, at 12:19, Toby Inkster wrote:
> It would be useful if the tests didn't use schema-qualified table
> names (e.g. "SCOTT.DEPT"). Although my implementation does support
> schema-qualified table names, I've been running the test cases on
> SQLite, which does not support schemas (at least, not in a normal way).
> Given that there is no longer a rr:tableOwner predicate, support for
> schemas doesn't seem to be an "feature" that an R2RML test suite
> should be testing for - i.e. because it's a feature of the underlying
> database, not a feature of R2RML.

Allowed values of rr:tableName include both schema-qualified names and unqualified names. Therefore there should be test cases that cover both of these options.

Having a single test case that uses a qualified name would be sufficient to cover this case.

If using unqualified names everywhere else increases compatibility with database engines then we should do it.

Best,
Richard