Re: R2RML - Last Call Comments

On 7 Nov 2011, at 17:04, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
>> * "The referenced columns of all term maps of a triples map (subject map, predicate maps, object maps, graph maps) MUST be column names that exist in the term map's logical table." - Per the previous definition of "column name" this implies that the values cannot be qualified. Is that the intent? So a column reference in a mapping cannot be "EMP.JOB", it must be "JOB"?
>
> Yes, in rr:column, rr:template etc only "JOB" should be allowed. But this is more tricky than I thought. I raised ISSUE-70 for this, we'll discuss and resolve it within the WG.
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/70

I clarified the wording and examples of Section 5 to make clearer that it is ok to have a query like this:

   SELECT EMP.EMPID, EMP.JOB FROM EMP

but regardless, in an rr:column you'd still have to refer to JOB, not EMP.JOB.

I take it that it addresses your comment above. If not, then please let me know. For now I'll mark ISSUE-70 as pending review.

Best,
Richard