Re: RAX Position Paper

On Thu, 2017-07-06 at 12:37 +0000, Dirschl, Christian wrote:

[...]
> In my point of view we could argue that we need to extend common XML
> content management and production pipelines with semantic web
> standards, esp. RDF.

This might not go down all that well with XML people, many of whom
would be very happy if RDF went away altogether... :)

I'd suggest talking about metadata and not emphasizing RDF. You could
talk about interop with linked data, perhaps.

It's a bit like trying to persuade Web browser people that some XML
technology or other might be worth while - you have to get past the
politics.

You could soften it by mentioning Onix as well, and noting that triples
are generally insufficient internally (systems tend to need things like
source of the data (e.g. date added and by whom), sharing permissions,
and more, in practice).

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>