From: "aw-confirm@ebay.com" <aw-confirm@ebay.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 05:57:16 -0800
To: danbri@w3.org
Subject: eBay Registration Suspension

   [1][IMG] [2][IMG]  Your credit/debit card information must be updated

   Dear eBay Member,
   We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your eBay account
   from a foreign IP address and we have reasons to believe that your account
   was used by a third party without your authorization. If you recently
   accessed your account while traveling, the unusual login attempts may have
   been initiated by you
   The login attempt was made from:
   IP address: 172.25.210.66
   ISP Host: cache-66.proxy.aol.com

   By now, we used many techniques to verify the accuracy of the information
   our users provide us when they register on the Site. However, because user
   verification on the Internet is difficult, eBay cannot and does not
   confirm each user's purported identity. Thus, we have established an
   offline verification system o help you evaluate with who you are dealing
   with.

   click on the link below, fill the form and then submit as we will verify

   [3]http://www.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?VerifyRegistrationShow
   Please save this fraud alert ID for your
   reference

   Please Note - If you choose to ignore our
   request, you leave us no choice but to
   temporally suspend your account.

   * Please do not respond to this e-mail as your
   reply will not be received.
   Respectfully,
   Trust and Safety Department
   eBay Inc.

   Helpful links

   [4]Search eBay - Find other     Learn More: Get notifications right on
   items of interest               your desktop before an auction ends with
   [5]My eBay - Track your buying  the [8]eBay Toolbar !
   and selling activity
   [6]Discussion boards - Get help
   from other eBay members
   [7]eBay Help - Find answers to
   your questions
   [9][IMG]                        [10][IMG]

                 [11][IMG]                            [12][IMG]

   Trading guidelines

   eBay will not request personal data (password, credit card/bank numbers,
   and so on) in an email. Learn how to [13]protect your account.

   Thank you for using eBay!
   [14]http://www.ebay.com/

   As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you
   information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our [15]Privacy
   Policy and [16]User Agreement if you have any questions.

               Copyright (c) 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
     Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective
                                    owners.

               eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.