Re: Slow validations on some doctypes

Thanks Jirka, this seems to be the issue -- the URL for the specified
DOCTYPE on that page does not exist, so there is a timeout after 40 seconds
trying to fetch it. If I remove the DOCTYPE line (or make it just <!DOCTYPE
html>), it goes fast.

Now, why doesn't this happen when I validate it on
http://validator.w3.org, but does happen on my local install?

I guess it's not something on the validator itself, but maybe a shorter
timeout set on another unix package? Which one is in charge of fetching the
DOCTYPE? I would like to set a timeout for it.

2012/11/2 Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>

> On 2.11.2012 20:41, Jaime Iniesta wrote:
>
> > Other URLs are fine, but all within this site are super slow. It does not
> > seem a connectivity issue, as I can browse this site fine, ping, etc.
>
> It might be that XML parsers is trying to fetch DTD you are referring
> from DOCTYPE:
>
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-rdfa-2.dtd
>
> Just use <!DOCTYPE html> as a doctype and replace all entity refernces
> like &nbsp; with appropriate Unicode character and you should be fine.
>
>                                 Jirka
>
> --
>   Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz
>        Professional XML consulting and training services
>   DocBook customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing
>  OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO JTC1/SC34 member

Jaime Iniesta :: Ruby on Rails consultant
http://jaimeiniesta.com
http://prorubyteam.com