Re: Validator timeout and XML-LibXML bug

On Friday 18 June 2010, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

> But I also want to ask: When XML::LibXML is used for wf-ness
> checking, is it currently reading the contents of each page into a
> DOM? If so, is there a way to have it run in SAX/streaming mode
> instead? And if so, can we having to just fail at the first
> well-formedness error?

Looking at the XML::LibXML docs, DOM is the mode currently in use, and as I
noted in a previous related mail, with that interface we can't get to the
actual first error without traversing the whole (first, possibly long) error
chain using its $err->_prev().

See the other mail I just sent about considerations about stopping at the
first error.  Anyway I'll do some testing with streaming mode along with the
other things I mentioned.