Re: PERL W3C Linkchecker

On Sunday 20 December 2009, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Sunday 20 December 2009, Jakub Urban wrote:
> > C:\Perl>perl makefile.pl
> > Set up gcc environment - 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3)
> > Writing Makefile for W3C::LinkChecker
> >
> > What is the next step? Thank you for your help, Jakub.
>
> Usually CPAN distributions are installed with:
>
> perl Makefile.PL
> make
> make test
> make install
>
> I've never tested this on Windows though.  More help may be available at
> http://www.cpan.org/modules/INSTALL.html

Oops, sent this too early, meant to say that in the link checker case, no
further installation is needed if you want to run it in command line mode
only, just run the bin/checklink script (maybe like "perl bin/checklink" or
something on Windows).

If you want to run it in a web server, install it as a CGI script according to
your web server documentation, and install the CSS file and images (docs and
images dir in the link checker tarball) in paths where browsers will find
them.