Re: URIs parsing in checklink

Hi,

I think Olivier's answers already covered most of the questions, here's just
one addition:

On Friday 07 March 2008, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2008, at 09:16 , Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> > * the suggestion is: maybe the link checker should warn its users
> > about
> > links that don't match what's the RFC requires?
>
> Have you got some test cases for that? I'd like to add them to the
> link checker's test suite - and have a better idea of how it handles
> them.

I think this would be a valuable addition.  The Perl URI modules don't seem to
have any validity checking methods though.  One pretty common example that I
think would deserve warnings would be missing escaping in query string
components, like

http://foo.com/?q=http://bar.com/foo?bar=quux&foo=baz