Re: link test suite

Hi Olivier, Hi Yves,

Le 28 janv. 2008 à 16:00, Olivier Thereaux a écrit :
> In the past couple of weeks I've been working on a “link test
> suite”, a
> test suite for our link checker, which I think should be easy to
> extend
> to other link checkers and a number of other UAs (spiders, etc)
> meant to
> parse markup, follow links and interact with HTTP servers.

very cool work.

> I'll keep adding test cases, if anyone wants to join, the list of
> tests
> that still need to be written is within:
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2008/link-testsuite/README

for HTTP links
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/styles.html#h-14.6
Link: <http://www.acme.com/corporate.css>; REL=stylesheet

In RFC 2068 - Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2068.txt
19.6.1.2 LINK

but has disappeared from RFC 2616
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt

in HTML 5, second paragraph
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-html5-20080122/#title2

         Some versions of HTTP defined a Link: header, to be
         processed like a series of link elements. When
         processing links, those must be taken into consideration
         as well. For the purposes of ordering, links defined by
         HTTP headers must be assumed to come before any links in
         the document, in the order that they were given in the
         HTTP entity header. Relative URIs in these headers must
         be resolved according to the rules given in HTTP, not
         relative to base URIs set by the document (e.g. using a
         base element or xml:base attributes). [RFC2616]
         [RFC2068]

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/