Re: Interfacing mobileOK checker/markup validator

Le vendredi 08 février 2008 à 08:59 +0900, olivier Thereaux a écrit :
> > The main obstacle is that the mobileOK checker has a set of well-
> > defined
> > HTTP headers (User-Agent, Accept and Accept-Charset [3]), and many
> > mobile sites rely on these parameters to send an appropriate response
> > back.
>
> If I understand correctly, there is a need for the UA checking the
> online resources to clearly identify itself as a mobile agent, so that
> proper content adaptation/selection on the server side take place, and
> it would be important that the markup validator do so?

Absolutely.
> So, basically the need would be to:
> - define a validator call parameter saying "identify yourself as"
> - trigger sending a different UA string based on this parameter

Right; ideally, you would also send a specific Accept-Charset header - I
assume we could readily re-use the user-defined Accept header parameter.

> BTW, there is a validator release due in a few days, if we're fast
> enough we may be able to add this in.

That would be awesome! The only trouble is that I'll be away for the
upcoming next two weeks, so my availability to work with you on this
will be rather limited...

Dom