Re: [wmvs] do we still need charset.cfg to list the "acceptable" character encodings?

Le jeudi 19 juillet 2007 à 17:16 +0900, Olivier Thereaux a écrit :
> Understood, but I want to find a solution that can be more useful than
> just having a list of what's OK, and throwing a fatal error when it's
> not. We got, many times, people complaining that the validator refused
> charsets used by whole countries because we just didn't know they had
> been added (both to the IANA list and our transcoding libs). I don't
> want that to happen any more.

What about (and in addition to the coding aspect you're working on)
subscribing this list to the list where IANA announced new charset? Or
setting up a mailer that reacts when
http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets gets updated?

Dom