Re: [Semantic Data Extractor]

Hi Rafe,

Le mercredi 11 juillet 2007 à 02:18 +0100, Rafe Harwood a écrit :
> When viewing the results page, the "URI of the HTML document to extract
> semantics from:" text entry box, uses an encoded string instead of the
> entered string from the previous page. This means that if that information
> is entered (mistakenly clicking the submit button or another piece added to
> the end of the current string), the system returns a java exception error.
>
> It may be a good idea (if possible) to keep that as an un-encoded string for
> ease of manipulation and removing the chance of getting the java exception
> error.

Indeed, this would be much preferable! Unfortunately, this bug is a
consequence of the tool being based on an XSLT style sheet, with the
limitations that this language has - indeed, there is no readily
available function in xpath 2 to convert a URL-encoded string into a
decoded one; if I had time, I would look into writing such a function
and adding it to the extractor, but I fear I won't be able to do so very
soon.

Should you or anyone on the list feel like writing such a function, I
would gladly integrate it in the tool.

Regards,

Dom