Re: HTML.Reserved - additional checking? datapagesize, event, for

Adding dave ragget and Ian Jacobs, editors of HTML 4.01
About this thread
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qa-dev/2007Aug/0003

Le 2 août 2007 à 09:29, olivier Thereaux a écrit :
> If they shouldn't be used, why are they listed in the DTD?

I think given the documentation found online. It was used by
microsoft IE. So I suspect that they didn't have support from the
rest of the group at this time, but that it could be a good idea.

> Why are some of these reserved attributes in an "IGNORE" section
> and others in the list of acceptable attributes for certain elements.
> Why are these reserved attributes not mentioned in the prose?

I added Ian and Dave for having clarifications, if they remember.

> I think it's a little futile to think of fixing the tools before we
> know for sure why the spec doesn't seem to agree with itself...

note in my mail ;) I didn't say we must fix the tool. I said in the
topic, "additional checking?"
I'm as surprised as you may be, and not sure about what we should do,
yet, on this matter.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***