Re: any idea why validator(-jp) would repeatedly fetch XHTML DTDs?

* olivier Thereaux wrote:
>I tried to monitor at the same time the logs of validator-jp and the
>Japanese www.w3.org mirror, looking for a pattern in what documents
>triggered DTD, and found 1) no pattern and 2) that revalidating these
>documents did not trigger any DTD download.

How about other DTDs, e.g. those for HTML? I would suspect this is due
documents that have an incorrect XHTML FPI and so get recognized as HTML
documents; since the XHTML DTDs are not in the SGML catalog, OpenSP will
fetch the XHTML DTD specified in the SI over the network. If that is the
problem, you would however be able to reproduce it. Likewise, the custom
DTD test would have to fetch the DTD; there might be a problem in your
analysis.