Re: Test Cases and Comparisons Re: Minutes for Teleconference on 30 August, 2006

Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
> 1. The first assumption is that a test case is an atomic test in the
> context of the test suite. The test case consists of the test
> description (aka test procedure) and the required files to execute the
> procedure. So, for each executed test case you need an assertion to
> express the outcome from the validator:
>
> <earl:Assertion rdf:ID="assertionX">
>  <earl:testcase
> rdf:resource="http://example.org/validator/css-tests/test-X" />
> </earl:Assertion>

Stop! Didn't we say, the predicate is called earl:testable and the
object is an earl:Testable or a subclass thereof (e.g. earl:TestCase or
earl:TestRequirement)?

So it would be

<earl:Assertion rdf:ID="assertionX">
   <earl:testable
  rdf:resource="http://example.org/validator/css-tests/test-X" />
</earl:Assertion>

> 2. The second assumption is that there may be a grouping of test cases
> in the test suite to address requirements. For example, to test that the
> validator adequately addresses a specific CSS functionality, you may
> need to execute one or more test cases to determine. For each statement
> you want to make about such a requirement, you need a different "sort"
> of assertion:
>
> <earl:Assertion rdf:ID="assertionY">
>  <earl:requirement
> rdf:resource="http://example.org/css-spec/functionality-Y" />
> </earl:Assertion>

Same as above.

> Note: We included the optional properties dc:title, dc:description,
> dc:hasPart, and dc:isPartOf in the earl:testable statement
> (super-)class. This provides a very rudementary method to describe tests
> until an appropriate test description language is available. Here is an
> example of using this:
>
> <earl:testcase rdf:about="http://example.org/validator/css-tests/test-X">

<earl:TestCase ...>

>  <dc:title xml:lang="en">Test Case X</dc:title>
>  <dc:description>take file A and run it with parameters o,p, and
> q</dc:description>
>  <dc:isPartOf rdf:resource="http://example.org/css-spec/functionality-Y" />
> </earl:testcase>

</earl:TestCase ...>

--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)