Re: [wmvs] schedule for releasing 0.7.1 (and 0.8)

* olivier Thereaux wrote:
>Then comes HEAD, and the work done notably by Bjoern with SPO. I recall
>Bjoern saying on IRC that the work on this was stabilized, which would
>mean that the main obstacles to a release of that code are releases of
>OpenSP 1.5.2 and an easier-to-install SPO. Is that a correct
>characterization of the situation? If that's the case, then we need to
>think of how we are going to deal with it. Should we release a 0.8.0rc
>with a strong disclaimer on the fact that it's not as straightforward
>to install as 0.7.{0,1}? Should we keep it in head and proceed with
>other areas of development?

The main issues with HEAD is that there is less functionality compared
to previous versions (parse tree, outline, etc are missing) and there
are some issues noted in the source, e.g., problems in DTDs have been
surpressed in previous versions but HEAD does not. I also filed one bug
in Bugzilla. I am not aware of problems not noted in the source and/or
Bugzilla. There are a few things that need to be fixed for a S:P:O 0.99
release, these are noted in the CVS Changes file, for OpenSP I'm waiting
for Terje to finish work on some of the autoconf / gettext stuff, and
maybe some changes to the documentation system. I am not up to date on
that. If we have a new OpenSP release I can finish S:P:O 0.99; if we
re-introduce the missing check features or decide to drop them, the few
remaining issues should be easy to address, apart from one Win32 issue
that should take an hour or so.