Re: getting more participation for development

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 19:46 +0100, David Dorward wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 09:36:00PM +0300, Ville Skytt? wrote:
>
> > Perl itself is certainly a turn off for some potential contributors,
> > even if the current team working on this stuff is comfortable with it.
> > I don't personally have a problem with that.
>
> Personally, I love Perl. Best programming language in the world ;)

Seconded! :)  But seriously, there's more intertia and web oriented
developers on let's say Java, PHP and Python (and maybe Ruby) fronts
than Perl or C/C++ nowadays.  I'm not implying anything, just pointing
out that this is something we should acknowledge.

> (OK, this is, in effect, a "me too" post, but in this case I think it
> would be helpful to know that there are "me too"ers out there)

Definitely.  And I bet you've been told before, but your tireless
contributions and activity on the www-validator list are enormously
appreciated.