Re: getting more participation for development

* Ville Skyttä wrote:
>Regarding the CSS validator, I don't remember the exact details (and
>some of the following might be plain wrong and outdated, apologies in
>advance).  But I have a gut feeling about being turned off because IIRC
>the initial CVS checkout resulted in a tree with lots of duplicated
>functionality in several different branches in the checked out tree,
>non-working build environment, need to use Jigsaw instead of a
>"standard" Jav appserver I would have been familiar with, and general
>lack of documentation.  A quick peek into the root of the CSS
>validator's cvsweb tree tells me that things have improved much since I
>last looked into it, so it could be time to take another look soon.

I know that some people have successfully used the CSS Validator with
Apache Tomcat; re CVS, well, I only ever used HEAD and never really had
a problem with that. The main problem however is that the Validator is
split across > 800 Java source files with highly repetitive code; adding
support for CSS 3 is virtually impossible... I simply do not think there
is much point in building something on top of it.