Re: Regarding WMVS packages in FC3 and FC4

Ville,

Thanks for investigating this.
On May 22, 2005, at 19:57, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Stuff that the current FC4 targeted policy disallows for CGI scripts
> includes for example hostname resolution (/etc/resolv.conf, UDP DNS
> traffic), fetching the documents to be validated from arbitrary
> hostnames and TCP ports (applies also to external entities in onsgmls),
> and IIRC invoking arbitrary executables (unverified, but in this
> case /usr/bin/onsglms), reading the WMVS configuration file and maybe
> more.

This seems awfully restrictive... I'm wondering if it would be feasible
to still provide packages that would clear the dependencies and install
most files, without installing the CGI at its final location. The admin
would only have to copy/edit a few files for the installation to be
complete.

Would that comply with the FC policy? Would that be useful?

either way, we'll have to update the installation info.