Re: [meeting] reminder: 2005-02-22

* olivier Thereaux wrote:
>We will have a relatively busy agenda, thanks to contributions to the
>wiki.

To shorten that, my take on "fancy" characters is that we should comply
with the rules for the relevant language, i.e., US english for most of
it. Failing that we should be consistent with other parts of w3.org. If
we use non-ascii characters we must use numeric character references or
include the characters litterally UTF-8 encoded as there are various
support issues for named character references in XHTML. I agree with
documenting this somewhere, e.g. at the to-be-created

  http://esw.w3.org/topic/QaDev/StyleGuide

Regarding test cases, some of the formats have test suites which we
should be able to use directly; further, the specifications should also
include examples which are either directly available or it should be
easy to extract those from the specification. So I do not think there
is a need to request additional test cases unless we have more specific
requirements. Should we have more specific requirements, it is unlikely
that the WGs produce them... Though I do not think this is really rele-
vant as long as all we do is passing documents to OpenSP. I am not sure
I understand the 'correct reference' issue.

There is one thing we should indeed strive to achieve here, we should
encourage working groups to provide detailed lists of conformance
criteria that cannot be detected simply by validating using the schema
the specification might provide to ease our task to implement checks
relative to these additional criteria. There is some interest in better
validation tools in the proposed mobile web initiative, it might indeed
make sense to provide clear documentation on How To Get To Validation
Faster for Working Groups... Though that likely depends on completing
http://esw.w3.org/topic/MarkupValidator/M12N (which, as far as the
documentation goes, I plan to do early April.)

The general issue here seems to be how we interact with other parts of
W3C which fits well into the issue I've suggested for this meeting, I
would thus suggest we go over the style guide and test case issues
quickly and focus on that. If we come to a conclusion on these matters
someone should take an action to document this somewhere.