Re: Doc titles

On Feb 6, 2005, at 0:44, Terje Bless wrote:
> Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> […] I think the brackets around it should be removed (another 2
>> characters saved, looks better and less scary), […]
>
> Hmm. Yeah, I guess the colon would be sufficient.

I have noticed that WAI appears to like "WAI, title" for the design
sketches for their new site. I am not too fond of the comma myself, and
think a colon (or dash) would be acceptable.

Also worth considering in this discussion is the (widespread, at least
around W3C) practice of using "$title - context" rather than "context -
$title".
Or maybe not...
The QA site uses both, e.g "W3C - QA - Calendar" and "W3C QA - Quality
Tips for Webmasters" and "Tools development effort [qa-dev] - QA @
W3C". I guess we have some work to do to achieve consistency there too.

Not being such a big fan of creating acronyms for the fun of it, I
think my preference would be to use "$title - W3C Markup Validator"
rather than "WMVS: $title".